The power of place, permanence, and purpose.
National Adoption Month
November is National Adoption Month! This year we focus on the sense of belonging that youth of ALL ages need by celebrating the theme: “We Never Outgrow the Need for Family.”
Older youth (ages 15 to 18) make up 5 percent of the foster care population – 84,778 youth. Research confirms that children and youth have the ability to overcome traumatic experiences and thrive in adulthood when they are connected to a strong, permanent support system. These lasting connections can help youth with important life tasks such as enrolling in higher education, finding stable housing, securing employment, and establishing healthy relationships.
Please join the Bridge Meadows community this month in raising awareness of the incredible impact that PERMANENCY has in the lives of youth who have been placed in foster care.
- Join the #GivingTuesday movement with #OregoniansGive - December 1, 2015
- Remembering the incredible impact of Board Member Rhoni Wiswall
- Bridge Meadows in Reader's Digest: "13 Unsung Heroes Who Will Restore Your Faith in Our Country"
- Community Voices: Portland Radio Project’s series on Bridge Meadows on 99.1FM
- Bridge Meadows featured in The Wall Street Journal: “How to Make the Most of Longer Lives"
- The Oregonian: Expansion plans for "Bridge Meadows Beaverton" progressing
- Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will make a donation to Bridge Meadows!
- Participate in the Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program
- Bridge Meadows receives 2014 Eisner Prize for Intergenerational Excellence
- Elders and Foster Families Find Common Ground at Bridge Meadows - The Bridge Meadows community in Portland, Oregon provides affordable housing and a support network for low-income elders and families in the process of adopting foster children.
- Housing Unit Gives Low-Income Seniors Reduced Rent For Volunteering With Foster Kids - Featured in The Huffington Post: The intrigue and interest around Bridge Meadows’ intergenerational community in the Portsmouth neighborhood of North Portland continues to spread across the nation.
- PBS News Hour at Bridge Meadows - "At a special housing development in Oregon, families who adopt foster children live side by side with seniors who volunteer their time in exchange for affordable rent. The NewsHour's Cat Wise reports how members of the intergenerational community find support and connection together."